Friday, August 13, 2010

DAY #4...(FRIDAY)...FORT COLLINS, CO. TO IDAHO SPRINGS, CO...273 MILES (2000)

I actually slept in this morning until 7:00 a.m. It was a beautiful morning with not a cloud in he sky. I left Fort Collins about 7:45 and headed for Rocky Mountain National Park, riding up through the Big Thompson Canyon. This is one of he most beautiful rides I've ever ridden, and I've done it numerous times. God's beautiful creation never ceases to amaze me.
Riding over Trail Ridge Road, it was 38* at the top with the wind howling. I stopped to take several pictures, but didn't tarry very long up there.




Leaving the park I rode to WonderVu, CO. for lunch. This is the site for the Thumper Cafe on Saturday. Should be around 52 people for lunch tomorrow, and it's a really neat location.
Tonight was the BBQ at Kerry's house. What a feed it was!!!! I'm not sure I've ever eaten a hamburger that had that much meat on it. I think there were 24 there for supper tonight and we all had a great time.







Tomorrow will be the first "Cafe" that I've attended and not left for home shortly after it's over. I'm going to hang around Colorado one more day and leave for home on Sunday morning. You will notice above that as of today I've ridden 2000 miles since I left home on Tuesday morning, and it's only 500 miles from home to where I'm at tonight. But..... those extra 1500 miles have been great.
Watch for tomorrow nights update, after the big event is over.
Motor Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment