Wednesday, August 11, 2010

DAY #2...(WEDNESDAY)...TUCUMCARI, NM TO WALSENBURG, CO......638 MILES (1186)

I once again had an early morning, leaving Tucumcari around 6:00 a.m. Heading West, I tried to ride as much of the old Route 66 as I could, but ended up on several 10 mile dead ends. I finally got tired of backtracking and jumped on I-40, riding to Moriarty, NM., before heading North towards Red River, NM
I rode the loop around the Red River area, starting in Taos. I passed over Bobcat Pass



and then headed towards Colorado, going through San Luis, the oldest city in Colorado.



Crossing over La Veta Pass, I arrived in Walsenburg mid afternoon. I then decided to head on North to Rye, Colorado, and see Bishops Castle, returning to Walsenburg for the night. When I got to Bishops Castle my son Kip was there, having left Thumperville early this morning.



Jack, Kip and I are all together tonight and will each go our separate ways in the morning.
Several members from Oregon showed up here in town tonight, staying in the motel right next to ours.
What are the chances of that happening?
I will be headed North on Thursday morning, hopefully reaching somewhere close to Ft. Collins for the night.
Stay tuned for Thursday nights report.
Motor Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment